After his experiences with the Bracer Guild in Liberl at the time of the Orbal Shutdown Phenomenon, Prince Olivert decided to develop a class separated from the academy's prevalent traditions that would enrich the standard curriculum with monthly field trips. These trips allowed the student of Class VII to form an all-encompassing perspective on conflicts between political factions, regions and nations. It was retroactively referred to as the original Class VII (旧Ⅶ組) when contrasted with the new Class VII (新Ⅶ組) at the branch campus.
In addition, its members were selected by the board members from both social classes, the noble and commoner class represented by Rufus Albarea and Carl Regnitz, respectively, and all demonstrated a high aptitude with the ARCUS, the technological aspect represented by Irina Reinford. Class VII's homeroom teacher was battle instructor Sara Valestein, who as a former bracer had experience with the socio-political experiment suggested by Prince Olivert.
Class VII was formed on 31 March S.1204 and was disbanded a year later.
After graduating from Thors Military Academy, Rean became an instructor for the Thors Branch Campus. Class VII was transferred to the branch campus. Rean ended up taking Juna, Kurt and Altina as his students. Class VII at the branch campus specializes in Special Affairs.
In 10 June S.1206, Ash and Musse transferred from Classes VIII and IX respectively to Class VII, for a total of five students.
List of Class VII members
Original Class VII (S.1204-S.1205)
- Sara Valestein (instructor, homeroom teacher)
- Rean Schwarzer
- Alisa Reinford
- Elliot Craig
- Laura S. Arseid
- Jusis Albarea
- Machias Regnitz
- Fie Claussell
- Emma Millstein
- Gaius Worzel
- Millium Orion (joined 18 August S.1204)
- Crow Armbrust (joined 18 August S.1204)
New Class VII (S.1206)
- Rean Schwarzer (instructor, homeroom teacher)
- Juna Crawford
- Kurt Vander
- Altina Orion
- Musse Egret (joined 10 June S.1206)
- Ash Carbide (joined 10 June S.1206)
- Gaius is the only member of Original Class VII whose father and mother are both alive. The biological mothers of Rean, Jusis, Elliot, Crow, Emma and Sara are all deceased; there is no information regarding the status/identities of Fie, Machias and Laura's mothers; Millium is artificial and has no parents; and Alisa's father died (and spent most of his final years brainwashed as someone completely different).