- 1 Background
- 2 Locations & Personnel
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
Olivert Reise Arnor considered the Courageous the symbol of the neutral third power, amidst the noble faction of the Four Great Houses and the reformist faction of Chancellor Giliath Osborne, in Erebonia.
It came into existence with help from the Zeiss Central Factory in Liberl and the Epstein Foundation in Leman. The hull was designed by Professor Thomson of the Roer Institute of Technology. The information processing system was the latest technology property of Epstein Foundation. It's equipped with ZCF's high-performance engines, allowing the aircraft to reach a top-speed of 3,000 selge per hour. This is slightly slower than the Arseille's 3,600, for which the Courageous makes up with armour and interception capabilities.
The ship is equipped with the bare minimum of armaments due to both a lack of time and a conscious decision to focus on what the ship stands for.
The Courageous makes its debut and maiden voyage on September 25th, 1204. Its first stop is Thors Military Academy, where it picks up Class VII before proceeding to Heimdallr to the ship. The public is suitably impressed, though Giliath Osborne is less so, commenting that it was unexpected play from him.
The whereabouts of the Courageous and it's crew, primarily Olivert Reise Arnor and Victor S. Arseid, are a major concern for the Noble Alliance, who seek to capture Olivert and bring the Viscount over to their side.
The ship makes its reappearance in order to rescue Rean from the Pantagruel. Using its speed, it makes an initial pass, allowing Viscount Arseid, Sara Valestein, Toval Randonneur, Claire Rieveldt, and Sharon Kreuger to board the Pantagruel, while the rest of Class VII and Prince Olivert are teleported over by Emma. It later retrieves everyone, including Rean, Princess Alfin and Valimar during its second pass, before leaving the combat zone.
Shortly after, the command of the Courageous is handed over to Class VII and the other students from Thors Military Academy. Towa Herschel is appointed captain of the ship in place of Viscount Arseid, and the ship sets out to reunite the missing students of the academy.
Recruiting various students from Thors opens up various services within the airship. From weapon/armor stores, training facilities and many others.
Locations & Personnel
After retrieving Princess Alfin Reise Arnor from the Pantagruel, the ship becomes Class VII's transport, opening up the ship for exploration and taking Ymir's place as a home base for the class. There are five floors that are accessible, however in its initial state, much of the ship's functionality is reduced due to its skeleton crew. The members of Class VII and any students of Thors that join the ship are scattered throughout the five decks.
The main functions of each of the floors are listed below.
5th Floor - Bridge
- Computer Terminal: A hub for obtaining new quests and reporting them. Also used for intel on Thors Academy Students.
- Captain Towa: Speaking to Towa will let you rearrange party members, move to another destination, or progress the main storyline.
4th Floor - Assembly Area
- Conference Room: Discussing plan of actions with the rest of the main group, coming to a conclusion before preparing a destination and action to follow through.
- Royal Room: A Royal Room, designed for members of the Imperial Family. Princess Alfin can be found here.
- Training Facility: Fight enemies under certain conditions for U-Materials and other rewards.
- Close Combat Training: Run by Loggins and Friedel, this room was built to train one’s Close Combat capabilities in that general respect. Combat Shell Level raises up from 1 to 6 to test combat training results.
- Ranged Combat Training: Run by Emily and Theresia, this room was built to train one’s Ranged Combat capabilities in that general respect. Combat Shell Level raises up from 1 to 6 to test combat training results.
- Arts Training: Run by Heibel and Edel, this room was built to train one’s Arts capabilities in that general respect. Combat Shell Level raises up from 1 to 6 to test combat training results.
3rd Floor - Shop Area
Much of the functionally in this area is initially disabled and must be restored by recruiting the appropriate students.
- Weapon and Item Shop: Run by Casper.
- Accessory Shop: Run by Colette.
- Premium Products: Hugo Kleist
- Recipe Gift: Run by Bridget.
- Rest Area: An nap room to allow Rean’s group to rest and restore HP and EP for free.
- Front Deck: Go to the front of the ship’s deck.
- Back Deck: Go to the back of the ship’s deck.
2nd Floor - Cafeteria, Multipurpose Area
- Game Room - A game room to allow those to play Blade II against friends, even a pool table. You can play the Blade mini-game in the room. Doing so will increase the Link EXP between you and your opponent, although only for the first five games.
- Infirmary Used by Rosine, to treat and offer patients with medicine and healing items out on the battlefield.
- Kitchen: Used by Nicholas in preparing dishes for the crew to enjoy meals.
- Computer Room: Used by Instructor Makarov, Stefan, and Fidelio. Fidelio runs the shop for purchasing stuff while mostly capturing images for war documentary photos to report the story. Stefan inputs Monster Battle Data that Rean’s party fights off and stores the information in the Courageous’ network system.
- Fortune Teller: Used by Beryl to tell fortunes.
1st Floor - Engineering Area
- Engineering: George Nome can be found here. This room replaces the Engineering Building from Trails of Cold Steel.
- Hangar: Rean's orbal bike and Valimar are stored here.
- Captain Victor S. Arseid
- Helsman Graft
- Observer Crono
- Controller Maia
- Radio Officer Curtis
- Engineer Boyjer
- Logistics Officer Dietz
- Head Mechanic Bancker
- Mechanic Payton