The D∴G cult (D∴G教団; pronounced "D-G," meaning "D therefore G") is a cult active throughout Zemuria.
- Main article: D∴G Cult Extermination
The D∴G cult was a religious group that denied the existence of Aidios and is said to worship devils. It has kidnapped children all across the continent in order to subject them to human experimentation in the name of a ceremony.
In S.1198 the majority of the cult's lodges were destroyed and some survivors fled to neighboring nations. In spite of the large-scale extermination mission, the cult managed to survive. Led by Joachim Guenter, they continued the human experiment to complete the Gnosis project (the G stood for Gnosis, "true wisdom" as they called it). Backed with funds by Speaker Hartmann of Crossbell, to whom they promised a paradise later on, they managed to complete the Gnosis.
In Ao no Kiseki, it is revealed that the cult was established as an organization to assist in re-creating the Sept-Terrion of Mirage, Demiourgos (the D stood for this). They worship the homunculus, KeA, created by alchemists of the Middle Ages before even her awakening as a replacement to Aidios.
List of known victims
- Renne was kidnapped by the cult from a friend of her parents and experimented on. To financially support themselves, the cult lent Renne to Paradise, a child sex brothel. In order to cling onto her sanity, she absorbed the personalities of her fellow captives to numb herself to the pain. The brothel was destroyed when Ouroboros Enforcers Joshua and Loewe raided it, finding Renne as the only survivor. The trauma Renne suffered enabled her to later become an Enforcer.
- Tio Plato was kidnapped by the cult in S.1195. Guy Bannings rescued her during the extermination efforts. Tio was subjected to human experimentation as well, and this led to her gaining sensory receptivity that assisted her later in life when she joined the Special Support Section.
- Ennea was also a victim of the cult. She was rescued by Arianrhod and Duvalie, and later joined the Stahlritter in gratitude to them.
- Sheryl Sky, discovered in the Sun Fort.
The D∴G cult operated throughout Zemuria and had more than ten lodges and hideouts, including:
- Paradise (unknown location)
- Altair, Calvard
- Sigyn Forest, Remiferia
- Moon Temple, Crossbell
- Sun Fort, Ancient Battlefield, Crossbell