The Infernal Castle (
Members of the Hexen Clan can summon the castle through the incantation Lucifen Lied, after which the stage will be used for the Infernal Rite. It offers a stage for the ultimate clash between Divine Knights that have been awakened in preparation for the Rite.
The subterranean castle, approximately 800 arge in height, is pushed toward the surface level by the purgatory's great tree (
As chronicled in the Black Records, the Infernal Castle appeared during the War of the Lions on 1 July, S.952. It was sealed three days later, on 4 July S.952, by Dreichels Reise Arnor and Lianne Sandlot.
The castle's layout and contents change depending on both who summons it and what circumstances they summon it in; the iteration seen at the end of the Erebonian Civil War differs from the War of the Lions version. The former consists of multiple sections, indicated as:
- Stratum 1
- Stratum 2, at ca. 100 arge height
- Stratum 3, which is said to be the place where light and dark are always at odds with one another
- Highest Stratum
- Vermillion Throne, where the Infernal Rite takes place
At the end of each stratum you fight a boss:
- Duvalie and Bleublanc are fought in Stratum 1
- Xeno and Leonidas are fought in Stratum 2
- McBurn is fought alone in Stratum 3
- Vita and Crow (and later the Vermillion Apocalypse) fought in the Vermillion Throne
Note: Rufus Albarea and Altina Orion are never refought in this dungeon, possibly because they are planning to betray the Noble Alliance.
Maps provided by Zoelius
- The Infernal Castle's Highest Stratum originally featured two additional floors, which were removed from the final version of the game.