Magic Knights (
Magic Knights are golems of frightful magic, created during the Dark Ages by the Mages of Erebonia as a means to oppose the Deus-Excellion. They are capable of moving completely autonomously and can be regarded as subdimensional armaments.
Multiple types of Magic Knights have been constructed based on the prototype Ol-Gadia: Ortheim, a type that wields swords in each of its four arms[Note 1]; Direwolf, a powerful type with swollen arms; Heavy Ruby, a heavy type wielding a giant battleaxe; Sigurheim, a type wielding a greatsword[Note 2]; Dyna Golem, wielding iron balls[Note 3]; and Izra-Lucier, a centaur-like type.[Note 4]
Unlike the Deus-Excellion, which require a pilot, a Magic Knight could be simply purchased with mira, making them invaluable to infuential families. Its fundamental design flaw of being capable of movement only when the septium veins were being stimulated worked in its favour as opponents of the Deus-Excellion, whose manifestation were enough stimulate the septium veins.
List of Magic Knights
|A magical golem from the Dark Ages that awoke from some unknown cause. Possesses great power.||Eisengard Range|
|A four-armed Magic Knight. Each arm holds a powerful sword, letting it cleave up enemies in an instant.||Ymir Valley - End|
|A Magic Knight with distinct swollen arms. Fights without a weapon, causing shockwaves by hitting the ground.||Spirit Shrines|
|A heavy Magic Knight that wings a giant battleaxe with ease using limitless energy from its core.||Spirit Shrines|
|A four-armed black Magic
Knight. Summons lightning, and cuts foes apart with powerful charged slashes.
|Revived due to Lucifen Lied. Yet to regain the mana to stand, so uses what it has to fire beams of light.||Infernal Castle|
|A Magic Knight that slept within a hidden shrine. Uses barrier to block damage, and wields four swords.||Glacia Shrine|
|East Crossbell Highway, Crossbell|
|Working name for Magic Knight Ortheim and Ashurei. Does not appear in-game.|
- ↑ Ortheim's first appearance appeared in Trails of Cold Steel II was a type with two arms, wielding a sword in the right. It later re-appeared as a type with four arms, each holding a sword. Isra-Zeriel and Isra-Zamiel are based on Ortheim.
- ↑ Appears in Trails of Cold Steel III. Zelsheim is based on Sigurheim.
- ↑ Appears in Trails of Cold Steel III. Heavy Golem is based on Dyna Golem.
- ↑ Appears in Trails of Cold Steel III. Regus-Zamiel is based on Izra-Lucier.
- ↑ Ol-Gadia, the prototype for the Magic Knights, is "about 5 arge tall" and "slightly smaller" than the others.