The Orpheus Final Plan (オルフェウス最終計画, orufeusu saishuu-keikaku) is the master plan of Ouroboros. The plan is drafted by the Grandmaster. The goal of the plan likely involves the "Primordial Nothingness" spoken of by the Grandmaster in Trails of Cold Steel IV, and according to former Anguis Vita Clotilde it involves guiding "the souls of all".
The Orpheus Final Plan is divided into multiple sub-plans centered around one or more Sept-Terrion.
List of sub-plans
- The Gospel Plan to obtain the Aureole in Liberl, executed by the third Anguis, Georg Weissmann.
- The Phantasmal Blaze Plan to re-create the Demiourgos in Crossbell, executed by the sixth and seventh Anguis, respectively F. Novartis and Arianrhod, in collaboration with Mariabell Crois's Azure-Zero Project in order to awaken the Ark Rouge and Lost Zem in Erebonia, supervised by second Anguis Vita Clotilde.
- The Eternal Recurrence Plan.
- During the development of Trails in the Sky the 3rd, there the Orpheus Final Plan would follow after completion of the Gospel Plan. In the final version, the Phantasmal Blaze Plan was introduced as the next step toward the completion of the Orpheus Final Plan.
- In Greek mythology, Orpheus is regarded as a musician capable of charming all living and even inanimate things with music. He is best known for his attempt to retrieve his wife Eurydice from the underworld. It is unclear what relationship the Orpheus Final Plan and the Greek mythological Orpheus share.
- Naming the Ourobouros's finale plan after Orpheus is homage to the Orphic Rites practiced in classical Greece.
- ''Trails of Cold Steel II, Finale: "Forward, Relentlessly" 12/31.