Thors Military Academy was founded by Emperor Dreichels Reise Arnor in S.985. The school's aim is to prepare its military students to fulfill Emperor Dreichels' famous mandate "Arise, O youth, and become the foundation of the world".
The current principal of Thors is Principal Vandyck, a former general of the Imperial Army. The board of directors consists of one chairman and three directors. The current chairman is Imperial prince Olivert Reise Arnor, the three directors are Rufus Albarea, Carl Regnitz and Irina Reinford. Despite their own individual positions and views, they are all directly involved in the academy's administration.
In S.1204, the board of directors launched a new initiative to break the tradition of separating nobles (Class I and II) and commoners (Class III, IV and V, in different groups, through the social experiment referred to as Class VII. Class VII would also be made responsible for the testing of the ARCUS combat orbment, along with the newly developed Orbal Staff. This becomes the focal point in Trails of Cold Steel.
- Auditorium: Used primarily for assemblies and other public gatherings. It was used during the Entrance Ceremony as well as the annual Academy Festival.
- Academy Field: A large, open dirt field to the west of the school grounds. This is the home of the Lacrosse Club and Riding Club.
- Engineering Building: A small facility housing the Engineering Club. This is where George Nome has his shop.
- Gymnasium: The primary athletic facility of Thors. It houses the school swimming pool, as well as dedicated training rooms for a variety of sports clubs. The Fencing Club and Swimming Club is located here.
- Library: The school library, home of Instructor Thomas.
- Main Building: The main classroom building. All six official classes of the student body are taught here, and it is where all lecture is held during school hours.
- Old Schoolhouse: The former main building of Thors, not currently in use. It is where Class VII conducts a monthly investigation in Trails of Cold Steel.
- Reverie Corridor: A changed version of the Old Schoolhouse. It is a place that Class VII investigates during Trails of Cold Steel II.
- Student Union Building: a building dedicated to the social, organizational activities, representation, and academic support of Thors students. It is home to the Student Council, as well as a wide variety of student run clubs.
- Vandyck - Principal
- Heinrich - Vice principal. Instructor for political economics.
- Beatrix - Academy nurse. Instructor for medical science.
- Makarov - Instructor for orbal and natural sciences.
- Mary Altheim - Instructor for music, art, cookery.
- Neithardt - Instructor for military science.
- Sara Valestein - Instructor for combat and practical skills. Homeroom teacher of Class VII.
- Thomas Lysander - Instructor for history and literature.
|1203||Class I||Angelica Rogner||Bike||Travelling|
|1203||Class I||Friedel||Fencing||Travelling with Loggins|
|1203||Class I||Vincent Florald||None||Domain manager, Florald Family|
|1203||Class II||Edel||Gardening||Lodge manager|
|1203||Class II||Fidelio||Photography||Photographer, Imperial Chronicle?|
|1203||Class II||Lambert||Riding||Imperial Guard?|
|1203||Class II||Theresia Caroline||Lacrosse||Second Lieutenant, 3rd Air Force, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class III||Clara Voce||Art||Sculptor|
|1203||Class III||George Nome||Engineering||Travelling|
|1203||Class III||Stefan||Chess||Intelligence Division, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Emily||Lacrosse||Second Lieutenant, 3rd Air Force, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Hibelle||Wind Orchestra||Military band, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Loggins||Fencing||Travelling with Friedel|
|1203||Class IV||Towa Herschel||Student Council||Instructor, Thors Branch Campus|
|1203||Class V||Crow Armbrust||None||Not yet graduated|
Receptionist, Imperial Museum
|1203||Class V||Nicholas||Cooking||Zemurian Railroad Corporation|
|1204||Class I||Patrick T. Hyarms||Fencing||Mediator Provincial Council
Helping out the Hyarms Family
|1204||Class I||Ferris Florald||Lacrosse||Branch Manager, Riviera Court|
|1204||Class II||Bridget||Wind Orchestra||Alan's fiancée|
|1204||Class II||Kenneth Lakelord||Imperial Fishing||Fishing|
|1204||Class II||Margarita Dresden||Cooking||Helping out the Dresden Family|
|1204||Class III||Beryl||Occult Research Society||Wandering fortuneteller|
|1204||Class III||Hugo Kleist||None||Managing director, Kleist & Co.|
|1204||Class III||Mint||Wind Orchestra||Maintenance, Thors Branch Campus|
|1204||Class III||Monica||Swimming||Welfare organisation, North Ambria|
|1204||Class IV||Alan||Fencing||Warrant Officer, 4th Armored Division, Imperial Army|
|1204||Class IV||Casper||Swimming||Maritime transport, Lamarre Province|
Established her own brand of general goods
|1204||Class IV||Linde||Art||Medical intern, St. Ursula Medical College|
|1204||Class IV||Vivi||Gardening||Reporter, Imperial Chronicle|
|1204||Class V||Becky||None||Owner, Becky & Co.|
|1204||Class V||Munk||None||Director, Radio Trista|
|1204||Class V||Paula||Riding||Horse trainer|
|1204||Class V||Rex||Photography||Photographer, Imperial Chronicle|
|1204||Class V||Rosine||None||Squire, Gralsritter, Septian Church|
|1204||Class VII||Alisa Reinford||Lacrosse||General Manager 4th Development Division, Reinford|
|1204||Class VII||Crow Armbrust||None||Not yet graduated|
|1204||Class VII||Elliot Craig||Wind Orchestra||Musician|
|1204||Class VII||Emma Millstein||Literature||None, returned to Hexen Clan|
|1204||Class VII||Fie Claussell||Gardening||Bracer|
|1204||Class VII||Gaius Worzel||Art||Dominion No. 8, Gralsritter, Septian Church|
|1204||Class VII||Jusis Albarea||Riding||Acting duke, Kreuzen Province|
|1204||Class VII||Laura S. Arseid||Swimming||Acting master, Arseid school|
|1204||Class VII||Machias Regnitz||Chess||Inspector, Government Accountability Inspectorate|
|1204||Class VII||Millium Orion||Cooking||Intelligence Division, Imperial Army|
|1204||Class VII||Rean Schwarzer||None||Instructor, Thors Branch Campus|
|1206||Class I||Cedric Reise Arnor||Ouroboros|
|1206||Class I||Ada Grant||Not yet graduated|
|1206||Class I||Frits||Not yet graduated|
Map of the campus