Thors Military Academy was founded by Emperor Dreichels Reise Arnor in S.985. The school's aim is to prepare its military students to fulfill Emperor Dreichels's famous mandate: "Arise, O youth, and become the foundation of the world."
The current principal of Thors is Principal Vandyck, a former general of the Imperial Army. The board of directors consists of one chairman and three directors. The current chairman is Imperial prince Olivert Reise Arnor, and the three directors are Rufus Albarea, Carl Regnitz, and Irina Reinford. Despite their own individual positions and views, they are all directly involved in the academy's administration.
In S.1204, the board of directors launched a new initiative to break the tradition of separating nobles (Class I and II) and commoners (Class III, IV and V), in different groups, through the social experiment referred to as Class VII. Class VII would also be made responsible for the testing of the ARCUS combat orbment, along with the newly developed orbal staff. This becomes the focal point in Trails of Cold Steel.
Thors Military Academy serves as the primary setting, where Class VII met and learn before heading out on field studies. In between these studies, Class VII investigate the mysteries of the Old Schoolhouse which seems to change and deepen with each passing month.
In the evening of the first day of the Academy Festival, Class VII are having a meeting when the clock on the schoolhouse strikes 1:00AM, and a mysterious bell starts ringing throughout the campus. Class VII goes to investigate the mysterious, ominous glow, realizing it's the same glow that covered Lohengrin Castle. Rean and company enter the schoolhouse before reaching the final floor and a portal into a phase space: the Realm of the Great Shadow. Within, the party ultimately fights with Loa Erebonius, a shadow of the Great One. After successfully defeating the Erebonius, an enormous illusion appears before unveiling at the floor's end, a giant silver figure lying dormant.
As the whole student body reacts to the news of the chancellor's assassination, the academy and Trista is suddenly assaulted by the Imperial Liberation Front with V and S in their new Panzer Soldat units. After losing to Scarlet, Rean is able to summon Valimar from the Old Schoolhouse and gain the upper hand. Victory is short lived however as Crow arrives piloting another Divine knight, Ordine, who swiftly wins due to experience. As events started to worsen, Celine commands Valimar to retreat with Rean while the rest of Class VII fend off Ordine, despite Rean's protests.
Towards the end of the October War, Class VII resolve to retake the academy as the Noble Alliance's forces withdraw to secure Heimdallr. After facing down the Order of the Lion, a force comprised of Noble students and their retainers, the prestigious academy is soon liberated.
After the Civil War ends, life resumes back to normal back at the Academy. After Rean arrives back from Crossbell, he adjusts back to school life before the Civil War began while considering about his future after graduation. Valimar and Rean notice that something has cropped up in the Old Schoolhouse just before the end of term and as their final act before they disband, Class VII and their allies investigate the appearance of the Reverie Corridor.
On March 25th; Class VII disbands after all its members graduate and go their separate ways.
Although the academy is not visited in these two games, some of the academy staff were replaced. Vandyck was the only one who was confirmed to have been replaced at the time.
The academy is not visited in this game, but following Cedric's involvement in the war, the academy elected to reform itself, cancelling the annual Academy Festival.
The Thors Curriculum is conducted through regular lectures using the Academic Point System to determine your overall grade. From basic languages to mathematics, the imperative electives include Erebonian History, Military Science, Art, Orbal Science, Political Economics and Combat Studies.
With the Academy's foundation, the educational system heavily reflects on Erebonian tradition before undergoing the the merge of accepting Imperial commoners and possibly abroad students. Home Economics being mandatory for only the female students is an example of these traditions. Orbal computing was taken on by the male students.
Written exams aside, the Thors Academy hold mandatory Practical Exams by the end of the month to test the student's strength, stamina, adaptability, and the ability to assess strategic decision in all combat situations. The exams take place on the Academy's field.
A variety of extra curricular activities are also made available through clubs. The known examples include:
- Art: conducted in the main building. Captained by Clara.
- Biking: conducted in the engineering building. Captained by Angelica.
- Chess: Conducted in the student union building. Captained by Stefan.
- Cooking: conducted in the main building. Captained by Nicholas.
- Engineering: conducted in the engineering building. Captained by George.
- Fencing: conducted in the gymnasium. Captained by Friedel and historically Aurelia Le Guin.
- Fishing: conducted near the garden. Captained by Kenneth.
- Gardening: Conducted in the gardens. Captained by Edel.
- Lacrosse: conducted on the academy field. Captained by Emily.
- Literature: conducted in the student union building. Captained by Dorothee.
- Occult research: conducted in the student union building. Captained by Beryl.
- Photography: conducted in the student union building. Captained by Fidelio.
- Riding: conducted on the academy field. Captained by Lambert and historically Wallace Bardias.
- Swimming: conducted in the gymnasium. Captained by Klein.
- Wind orchestra: conducted in the main building. Captained by Hibelle.
- The Student Council: conducted in the student union. Chaired by Towa.
Following the enrollment of Cedric Reise Arnor, several changes were made to the curriculum including the start of a new subject: Panzer Soldat training, and the abolition of student clubs. Eventually the clubs were reinstated. In S.1206, the Panzer Soldat curriculum was changed to Zauber Soldats, although this was quickly reverted following the end of the Great War.
Every year, the student council is in charge of organizing an Academy Festival, which allows visitors to come and witness the various curriculum activities and facilities the Academy has to offer.
- Auditorium: Used primarily for assemblies and other public gatherings. It was used during the Entrance Ceremony as well as the annual Academy Festival.
- Academy Field: A large, open dirt field to the west of the school grounds. This is the home of the Lacrosse Club and Riding Club.
- Engineering Building: A small facility housing the Engineering Club. This is where George Nome has his shop.
- Gymnasium: The primary athletic facility of Thors. It houses the school swimming pool, as well as dedicated training rooms for a variety of sports clubs. The Fencing Club and Swimming Club is located here.
- Library: The school library, home of Instructor Thomas.
- Main Building: The main classroom building. All six official classes of the student body are taught here, and it is where all lecture is held during school hours.
- Old Schoolhouse: The former main building of Thors, not currently in use. It is where Class VII conducts a monthly investigation in Trails of Cold Steel.
- Reverie Corridor: A changed version of the Old Schoolhouse. It is a place that Class VII investigates during Trails of Cold Steel II.
- Student Union Building: a building dedicated to the social, organizational activities, representation, and academic support of Thors students. It is home to the Student Council, as well as a wide variety of student run clubs.
- Vandyck - Former principal
- Heinrich - Vice principal. Instructor for political economics.
- Beatrix - Academy nurse. Instructor for medical science.
- Makarov - Instructor for orbal and natural sciences.
- Mary Altheim - Instructor for music, art, cookery.
- Neithardt - Instructor for military science.
- Sara Valestein - Instructor for combat and practical skills. Homeroom teacher of Class VII.
- Thomas Lysander - Instructor for history and literature.
|1203||Class I||Angelica Rogner||Bike||Travelling|
|1203||Class I||Friedel||Fencing||Travelling with Loggins|
|1203||Class I||Vincent Florald||None||Domain manager, Florald Family|
|1203||Class II||Edel||Gardening||Lodge manager|
|1203||Class II||Fidelio||Photography||Photographer, Imperial Chronicle?|
|1203||Class II||Lambert||Riding||Imperial Guard?|
|1203||Class II||Theresia||Lacrosse||Second Lieutenant, 3rd Air Force, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class III||Clara Voce||Art||Sculptor|
|1203||Class III||George Nome||Engineering||Travelling|
|1203||Class III||Stefan||Chess||Intelligence Division, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Emily||Lacrosse||Second Lieutenant, 3rd Air Force, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Hibelle||Wind Orchestra||Military band, Imperial Army|
|1203||Class IV||Loggins||Fencing||Travelling with Friedel|
|1203||Class IV||Towa Herschel||Student Council||Instructor, Thors Branch Campus|
|1203||Class V||Crow Armbrust||None||Not yet graduated|
Receptionist, Imperial Museum
|1203||Class V||Nicholas||Cooking||Zemurian Railroad Corporation|
|1204||Class I||Patrick T. Hyarms||Fencing||Mediator Provincial Council
Helping out the Hyarms Family
|1204||Class I||Ferris Florald||Lacrosse||Branch Manager, Riviera Court|
|1204||Class II||Bridget||Wind Orchestra||Alan's fiancée|
|1204||Class II||Kenneth Lakelord||Imperial Fishing||Fishing|
|1204||Class II||Margarita Dresden||Cooking||Helping out the Dresden Family|
|1204||Class III||Beryl||Occult Research Society||Wandering fortuneteller|
|1204||Class III||Hugo Kleist||None||Managing director, Kleist & Co.|
|1204||Class III||Mint||Wind Orchestra||Maintenance, Thors Branch Campus|
|1204||Class III||Monica||Swimming||Welfare organisation, North Ambria|
|1204||Class IV||Alan||Fencing||Warrant Officer, 4th Armored Division, Imperial Army|
|1204||Class IV||Casper||Swimming||Maritime transport, Lamarre Province|
Established her own brand of general goods
|1204||Class IV||Linde||Art||Medical intern, St. Ursula Medical College|
|1204||Class IV||Vivi||Gardening||Reporter, Imperial Chronicle|
|1204||Class V||Becky||None||Owner, Becky & Co.|
|1204||Class V||Munk||None||Director, Radio Trista|
|1204||Class V||Paula||Riding||Horse trainer|
|1204||Class V||Rex||Photography||Photographer, Imperial Chronicle|
|1204||Class V||Rosine||None||Squire, Gralsritter, Septian Church|
|1204||Class VII||Alisa Reinford||Lacrosse||General Manager 4th Development Division, Reinford|
|1204||Class VII||Crow Armbrust||None||Not yet graduated|
|1204||Class VII||Elliot Craig||Wind Orchestra||Musician|
|1204||Class VII||Emma Millstein||Literature||None, returned to Hexen Clan|
|1204||Class VII||Fie Claussell||Gardening||Bracer|
|1204||Class VII||Gaius Worzel||Art||Dominion No. 8, Gralsritter, Septian Church|
|1204||Class VII||Jusis Albarea||Riding||Acting duke, Kreuzen Province|
|1204||Class VII||Laura S. Arseid||Swimming||Acting master, Arseid school|
|1204||Class VII||Machias Regnitz||Chess||Inspector, Government Accountability Inspectorate|
|1204||Class VII||Millium Orion||Cooking||Intelligence Division, Imperial Army|
|1204||Class VII||Rean Schwarzer||None||Instructor, Thors Branch Campus|
|1206||Class I||Cedric Reise Arnor||Ouroboros|
|1206||Class I||Ada Grant||Not yet graduated|
|1206||Class I||Fritz Geithner||Not yet graduated|
Thors Military Academy has a distinguished history with many significant figures receiving education within its halls. Such individuals include:
- Eugent Reise Arnor III
- Giliath Osborne
- Aurelia Le Guin
- Wallace Bardias
- Olivert Reise Arnor
- Claire Rieveldt
|Thors Military Academy
|Rank Rewards Available|
|Information||STR +3, Allows you to see data on enemies yet to be analyzed||20 AP
|Medal of Fortitude||STR +5. Prevents Faint||45 AP
|Septium Vein||Increases the sepith drop by enemies||70 AP
|Medal of Discipline||SPD +3, Prevents Delay||100 AP
|Ingenuity||ATS +5, EP gradually recovers while walking on the field||130 AP
|Medal of Vigor||STR, ATS + 10, Prevents Status Down||160 AP
|Wind Bell||Halves delay after using wind arts. ATS +5||190 AP
|Gladiator Belt||STR +5, DEF +5, Auto-CP Up||220 AP
|Strega-A1||DEF +175, MOV + 15||250 AP
|Skanda Gem||[Chrono Drive / Chrono Break / Chrono Burst]||280 AP
|Grail Locket||Prevents all ailments (except K.O.)||310 AP
|Aura Jacket||EF +420, ADF +420||340 AP
|Emblem||Space Master Quartz||380 AP
|Medal of Dawn||STR, ATS, DEF, ADF +75||430 AP
- Replaced with a Deus Gem in the 2nd playthrough.
This is a list of rewards that can be obtained in Trails of Cold Steel II for accumulating AP (Academic Points) for completing quests and certain conditions.
|Thors Military Academy
|Rank Rewards Available|
|N/A||N/A||— AP (Rank B7)
|Unyielding Heart||Prevents Delay / Status Down||15 AP (Rank B6)
Deadline: December 4
|Luck||ATS +10||30 AP (Rank B5)
|True Gladiator Headband||STR +25||45 AP (Rank B4)
Deadline: December 8
|Dragon Vein||EP Recovers on field, enemies drop more sepith||60 AP (Rank B3)
|Braveheart||HP +1000, STR +10 / Critical Rate +10%||75 AP (Rank B2)
Deadline: December 12
|Invigorate||[Impassion]||95 AP (Rank B1)
|True Gladiator Belt||STR/DEF +25 / CP Regen (+4 each turn)||115 AP (Rank A7)
Deadline: December 15
|Waterfall||Increases the damage against weaker enemies||135 AP (Rank A6)
|Strega-Ω||DEF +500, MOV +15, SPD +5||155 AP (Rank A5)
Deadline: December 20
|Domination||STR +15||175 AP (Rank A4)
|Grail Locket||Prevents all ailments (except K.O.)||200 AP (Rank A3)
Deadline: December 23
|Aura Jacket II||DEF/ADF +1000, EVA +20%||225 AP (Rank A2)
Deadline: December 26
|Rebellion||Mirage Master Quartz||270 AP (Rank A1)
Deadline: December 30, Act II
|Lionheart||STR, ATS, DEF, ADF +100||315 AP (Rank A0)
Deadline: December 31
- Replaced with a Zeram Capsule in the 2nd playthrough.